Campanella Strings

I make violins and mandolins by hand. When I'm not working on instruments, I play them, draw them, and write about them. Here are some of my recent works and work in progress. Enjoy! Joe C.

Friday, August 05, 2005

Getting Close...



...to a coat of varnish on this sucker. I've been loathe to put down my tools and aim the camera, but am trying to remember to do so now and again. Last night and the night before I worked 'til 2:00am (my new quitting time) in order to start varnish by the weekend. Yesterday I shaped braces, glued the top, bent and glued back linings, profiled the headstock and drilled for tuners, shaped and glued the fingerboard, inlaid the headstock and side dots, graduated the back, flattened the rib structure (new linings) and probably did a few things my muddled mind has blocked. Suffice it to say it was quite productive...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home